Brett Gilliland is Founder and CEO of Elite Entrepreneurs, a company that specializes in giving $1M+ business owners the knowledge, processes, and tools to grow to $10M and beyond. Brett is an expert in organization development, leadership, and strategy and spent 10 years helping Infusionsoft grow from $7M in revenue to over $100M. Brett was involved in the foundational work of Purpose, Values, and Mission at Infusionsoft and facilitated the strategic planning process for many years.
One of Brett’s favorite professional accomplishments is co-creating Infusionsoft’s Elite Forum along with Clate Mask and building the Elite business inside of Infusionsoft. As the leader of the Elite business, Brett has helped hundreds of struggling seven-figure business owners overcome their biggest challenges and achieve new levels of success. He also played a central role in the development of Infusionsoft’s Leadership Model and was serving as the VP of Leadership Development when the decision was made to spin the Elite business out of Infusionsoft. As the new owner of Elite Entrepreneurs, Brett can’t think of anything else he’d rather be doing professionally. When Brett isn’t busy helping $1M+ businesses succeed, he is a family man who enjoys spending time with his beautiful wife, Sharon, and their 8 children.
In this second part of a four-part special series, Brett discusses strategies for clarifying your long term mission and goals, setting your annual priorities, and steering your business toward a future of powerful growth.
What the podcast will teach you:
- Brett reviews the topics he covered in part one of the special Elite Business Growth Method miniseries of the Elite Entrepreneurs podcast
- What topics Brett will be covering over the next two episodes of the miniseries: the longer term and short term sides of the business
- Why it is crucial to set your vision for your business before you begin making long term plans that will align with your mission
- What sort of mission goals you may set for your company, and why setting these goals can help your business grow
- How Brett defines “strategy” as your current strengths to leverage and your future strengths you should develop, and how to identify these strengths
- Why strategy cannot be set within a vacuum and should consider external forces that may impact your business
- Why you should choose between 1-3 annual priorities and no more so that you can devote the right amount of attention and resources toward your annual priority
- Why annual and quarterly priorities can help guide your business, and how setting an owner for those priorities, looking for evidence of success, and “SMARTs” is key
- How Brett defines the acronym SMART as: (S)pecific, (M)easurable, (A)chievable, (R)elevant, and (T)imebound
- Why working ON your business and not just grinding IN your business is the key to sustaining growth
- Part One of the Elite Business Growth Method Miniseries: https://growwithelite.com/podcasts/elite-business-growth-method-1/
- Email: info@GrowWithElite.com
- Website: https://growwithelite.com/
Want to listen to more? View all episodes here >