Brett Gilliland is Founder and CEO of Elite Entrepreneurs, a company that specializes in giving $1M+ business owners the knowledge, processes, and tools to grow to $10M and beyond. Brett is an expert in organization development, leadership, and strategy and spent 10 years helping Infusionsoft grow from $7M in revenue to over $100M. Brett was involved in the foundational work of Purpose, Values, and Mission at Infusionsoft and facilitated the strategic planning process for many years.
One of Brett’s favorite professional accomplishments is co-creating Infusionsoft’s Elite Forum along with Clate Mask and building the Elite business inside of Infusionsoft. As the leader of the Elite business, Brett has helped hundreds of struggling seven-figure business owners overcome their biggest challenges and achieve new levels of success. He also played a central role in the development of Infusionsoft’s Leadership Model and was serving as the VP of Leadership Development when the decision was made to spin the Elite business out of Infusionsoft. As the new owner of Elite Entrepreneurs, Brett can’t think of anything else he’d rather be doing professionally. When Brett isn’t busy helping $1M+ businesses succeed, he is a family man who enjoys spending time with his beautiful wife, Sharon, and their 8 children.
In this first part of a four-part special series, Brett shares proven strategies to help entrepreneurs already at the $1 million mark break through the plateau and overcome common seven-figure challenges.
What the podcast will teach you:
- Brett discusses some of the common challenges and feelings that business owners often experience at the seven-figure revenue plateau
- Why the things that successfully got you to seven figures aren’t enough to keep you growing beyond that point anymore
- Why there are different, distinct stages of growth in the lifespan of a business, and why each stage presents its own unique challenges
- How the stages of business growth change on the “ones and threes”, such as $100,000 to $300,000, and $300,000 to $1 million
- How only 3-5% of all businesses in the United States ever reach the million-dollar revenue mark, marking those businesses as genuinely elite
- Why business-building at and beyond the seven-figure mark involves little to do with either sales or marketing but instead involves people, processes and systems
- Brett outlines the Elite Business Growth Method, which he and the team at Infusionsoft learned through trial and error
- Why a clear Purpose, Core Values and a defined Mission are the secret ingredients for making the transition from entrepreneur to business leader
- How taking these steps can help you resume growth, have more fun, do less grinding, and better engage your team
- What you’ll learn in the next three episodes in this special Elite Business Growth Method series
- Elite Entrepreneurs episode featuring Keap CEO Clate Mask: https://growwithelite.com/podcasts/clate-mask/
- Infographic on the stages of business growth: Text stages to 72000
- Beyond Entrepreneurship by James C. Collins and William C. Lazier: https://amzn.to/3howeSA
- Email: info@GrowWithElite.com
- Website: https://growwithelite.com/
Want to listen to more? View all episodes here >