Vance spent 10 years working for the mouse at Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida. He started his career at Disney on the Opening Team of the Yacht & Beach Club Resorts and progressed through the management ranks as a Nightclub Manager at Pleasure Island, Service Trainer aboard Empress Lily, and on the revitalization team of the Contemporary Resort in the mid-90s. It was at the Contemporary that Vance got his crowning achievement, Designing, Opening, and Operating Chef Mickeys, Disney’s flagship Character Dining Experience.
After leaving Disney, (yes people do leave) he utilized his skills to rescue or improve many of America’s companies and government agencies. His clients included Legal Seafoods, Tyson, NASA, Rainforest Café, Compass Group, The Executive Office of the President of the United States, The Smithsonian and the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
Tiring of corporate life, Vance opened his own brick-and-mortar business in 2007. After the meteoric growth of his service business, other entrepreneurs began to seek him out for advice and counsel. This spawned his next business, Deliver Service Now!, consulting and coaching other companies on how to create and implement Disney style service and then apply Direct Response Marketing to profit from it.
Vance Morris has shared the stage with many of the premier marketers and service professionals in the world including Dan Kennedy, Joe Polish, Bob Brown, Lou Ferrigno, Dean Jackson, Charles Henning, Lee Cockerell, and Meg Crofton.
What the podcast will teach you:
- Vance shares his background at Disney and discusses the key service experience he gained at his various roles within the company
- How Vance recognized the need for a high-end, premium-level floor cleaning service after he left Disney, and how he built his company to be a step above competitors
- How Vance implemented the customer experience training he picked up at Disney in his floor service, and how he now teaches other business leaders these same skills
- How excellent customer service has created many referrals for Vance’s business, and how Vance and his team work hard to generate and express appreciation for new client referrals
- How Vance defines the “perfect client experience”, and he shares how telling your story the Disney way can create a fantastic experience
- Why the “why” of what your employees are doing is the key to getting your employees engaged in creating the perfect client experience
- How Vance uses a “what, how, why” process to create a consistent experience for clients that the employees can easily learn and use
- Vance shares his “seven magic keys” to Disnify your business and provides real-world examples of each
- How Vance teaches coaching clients to use direct-response marketing, and why he recommends you use the news of the day in your marketing
- Why not every contact with your clients should be focused on overt sales, and why engaging with your clients on a personal level can be powerful
- Website: www.deliverservicenow.com
- Disney boot camp: www.deliverservicenow.com/disney-boot-camp/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/vancemorris/
Want to listen to more? View all episodes here >