From Elite Entrepreneurs host Brett Gilliland: “Valuable insights are being offered to you. Are you receiving them? Let me explain what I mean. I recently spoke with Clate Mask, CEO of Keap, and he asked a question that changed me, ‘What is COVID trying to teach you about your business model?’ We then spent a few minutes discovering and exploring the valuable lessons COVID has been trying to teach me about the Elite Entrepreneurs business. The insights were invaluable. It wasn’t until after I hung up the phone with Clate that I realized that I needed to share the ideas from this exchange with as many business owners as possible. Join me and Clate for this interview-style call where we will discuss how the best leaders will gain valuable insights from the lessons COVID is trying to teach them about their business.”
Clate Mask loves building small businesses. He went to law school and business school, but he couldn’t get excited about going to work for a big consulting or law firm. Small business growth is what he loves. He gets to do that every day at Keap, helping his business grow by helping tens of thousands of entrepreneurs grow their businesses using their small business CRM and sales software.
Brett Gilliland is Founder and CEO of Elite Entrepreneurs, a company that specializes in giving $1M+ business owners the knowledge, processes, and tools to grow to $10M and beyond. Brett is an expert in organization development, leadership, and strategy and spent 10 years helping Infusionsoft grow from $7M in revenue to over $100M. Brett was involved in the foundational work of Purpose, Values, and Mission at Infusionsoft and facilitated the strategic planning process for many years.
One of Brett’s favorite professional accomplishments is co-creating Infusionsoft’s Elite Forum along with Clate Mask and building the Elite business inside of Infusionsoft. As the leader of the Elite business, Brett has helped hundreds of struggling seven-figure business owners overcome their biggest challenges and achieve new levels of success. He also played a central role in the development of Infusionsoft’s Leadership Model and was serving as the VP of Leadership Development when the decision was made to spin the Elite business out of Infusionsoft. As the new owner of Elite Entrepreneurs, Brett can’t think of anything else he’d rather be doing professionally. When Brett isn’t busy helping $1M+ businesses succeed, he is a family man who enjoys spending time with his beautiful wife, Sharon, and their 8 children.
What the podcast will teach you:
- Why the question “what is the COVID outbreak trying to teach you about your business model” can have profound answers
- Why crises like COVID-19 present opportunities for leaders to grow and overcome their fears, and why fear can prevent you from being a good steward of your business
- How Clate navigated his own fear to put him into a better mindset to lead his team through these challenges
- Why Clate implemented “disciplined optimism” throughout his company, helping his team get into a better mindset to think creatively and innovate
- How the calm before the pandemic caused us to forget the many other times we have been tested, such as after 9/11 and after the 2008 economic recession
- How disaster events like this one can teach us important lessons about adapting and reprioritizing
- Why Clate believes in “conscientious capitalism” and sees challenges like the pandemic as opportunities to create new solutions and better serve people
- What key insights asking the question “what is COVID trying to teach you about your business model” gave to Brett and the team at Elite Entrepreneurs
- Why adding new value for your business clients or customers can be a powerful way to adapt to today’s challenges
- Website: www.GrowWithElite.com/covid/
- Website: https://keap.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/keap/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/infusionsoft
Want to listen to more? View all episodes here >