In this special episode of the Elite Entrepreneurs podcast, Predictive ROI CEO, author and Onward Nation podcast host Stephen Woessner turns the tables on Brett Gilliland as they discuss key leadership strategies, processes, and systems business owners and entrepreneurs can implement to prepare their organizations for the global coronavirus pandemic and the tough financial times ahead.
Stephen Woessner is the founder and CEO of Predictive ROI, a digital marketing agency, and the host of Onward Nation—a top-rated daily podcast for learning how today’s top business owners think, act, and achieve. Onward Nation is listened to in 120 countries around the world.
Stephen is the author of four books, including the newly released Sell with Authority: Own and Monetize Your Agency’s Authority Position with co-author Drew McLellan, and his digital marketing insights have been featured in Forbes.com, Entrepreneur.com, The Washington Post, and Inc. Magazine.
Brett Gilliland is Founder and CEO of Elite Entrepreneurs, a company that specializes in giving $1M+ business owners the knowledge, processes, and tools to grow to $10M and beyond. Brett is an expert in organization development, leadership, and strategy and spent 10 years helping Infusionsoft grow from $7M in revenue to over $100M. Brett was involved in the foundational work of Purpose, Values, and Mission at Infusionsoft and facilitated the strategic planning process for many years.
One of Brett’s favorite professional accomplishments is co-creating Infusionsoft’s Elite Forum along with Clate Mask and building the Elite business inside of Infusionsoft. As the leader of the Elite business, Brett has helped hundreds of struggling seven-figure business owners overcome their biggest challenges and achieve new levels of success. He also played a central role in the development of Infusionsoft’s Leadership Model and was serving as the VP of Leadership Development when the decision was made to spin the Elite business out of Infusionsoft. As the new owner of Elite Entrepreneurs, Brett can’t think of anything else he’d rather be doing professionally. When Brett isn’t busy helping $1M+ businesses succeed, he is a family man who enjoys spending time with his beautiful wife, Sharon, and their 8 children.
What the podcast will teach you:
- What shared responsibilities every business owner has during trying economic times, and why scarcity thinking can cause us to make short-sighted decisions
- Why a leader’s role is to fight against FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt), and why there is a real danger of freezing in place during a crisis
- Why you must first deal with your own fear, uncertainty, and doubt before you can lead others, and why intentionality of mental and emotional health is vital
- What qualities you should look for in the ideal mentor who can help you navigate the complexities of challenging times
- Why fear cannot be countered with logic and facts, and why as a leader you must make your team feel safe first before they can hear logic
- Why members of your team need to feel acknowledged and need to be reassured that their fears and concerns are valid and normal
- How to use your team’s track record of surviving challenges as a source of motivation and evidence that you will survive this current danger
- Which three activities you can turn to that will help you and your team dispel negative thoughts and feelings
- Why now is the time to increase your communication with your team, and what steps you can take to help your team maintain focus and optimism
- What “positive focus” is and how it can help your team recenter themselves and ward off negative thoughts
- Onward Nation podcast with host Stephen Woessner: https://predictiveroi.com/onward-nation-podcast/
- Email: brett@GrowWithElite.com
- Website: https://growwithelite.com/
Want to listen to more? View all episodes here >