Brett Gilliland is Founder and CEO of Elite Entrepreneurs, a company that specializes in giving $1M+ business owners the knowledge, processes, and tools to grow to $10M and beyond. Brett is an expert in organization development, leadership, and strategy and spent 10 years helping Infusionsoft grow from $7M in revenue to over $100M. Brett was involved in the foundational work of Purpose, Values, and Mission at Infusionsoft and facilitated the strategic planning process for many years.
One of Brett’s favorite professional accomplishments is co-creating Infusionsoft’s Elite Forum along with Clate Mask and building the Elite business inside of Infusionsoft. As the leader of the Elite business, Brett has helped hundreds of struggling seven-figure business owners overcome their biggest challenges and achieve new levels of success. He also played a central role in the development of Infusionsoft’s Leadership Model and was serving as the VP of Leadership Development when the decision was made to spin the Elite business out of Infusionsoft. As the new owner of Elite Entrepreneurs, Brett can’t think of anything else he’d rather be doing professionally. When Brett isn’t busy helping $1M+ businesses succeed, he is a family man who enjoys spending time with his beautiful wife, Sharon, and their 8 children.
What the podcast will teach you:
- Why it is important to focus your daily activities toward your long term goals for your company, and why aligning everyone to the company’s Vision is key
- Why getting your team organized and aligned early is important to avoid deeper problems as you progress toward $10 million in revenue
- Brett explains the Big 3 concept as the three most essential responsibilities of a given role within your company
- Why the Big 3 are daily operational tasks and responsibilities that are vital to the continued success and operation of the business
- How to measure the Big 3 through results-based and activity-based metrics, and why each role’s measurements should vary
- Why you should set your own Big 3 for the quarter, then set your team members’ Big 3 based on what will further your own progress
- Why the Big 3 cascades down throughout the company, and why the Big 3 can help align everyone to your goals for the business
- Why it is important to pick clear, easily tracked numbers to set as your measurement, and why weekly self-reporting creates accountability and ownership
- How using the Big 3 approach to organizing work and giving ownership with accountability can help you both in the short term with which day-to-day tasks to focus on, but also in the long term as it helps you achieve your goals
Want to listen to more? View all episodes here >