Episode 59:

Brett Gilliland is Founder and CEO of Elite Entrepreneurs, a company that specializes in giving $1M+ business owners the knowledge, processes, and tools to grow to $10M and beyond. Brett is an expert in organization development, leadership, and strategy and spent 10 years helping Infusionsoft grow from $7M in revenue to over $100M. Brett was involved in the foundational work of Purpose, Values, and Mission at Infusionsoft and facilitated the strategic planning process for many years.

One of Brett’s favorite professional accomplishments is co-creating Infusionsoft’s Elite Forum along with Clate Mask and building the Elite business inside of Infusionsoft. As the leader of the Elite business, Brett has helped hundreds of struggling seven-figure business owners overcome their biggest challenges and achieve new levels of success. He also played a central role in the development of Infusionsoft’s Leadership Model and was serving as the VP of Leadership Development when the decision was made to spin the Elite business out of Infusionsoft. As the new owner of Elite Entrepreneurs, Brett can’t think of anything else he’d rather be doing professionally. When Brett isn’t busy helping $1M+ businesses succeed, he is a family man who enjoys spending time with his beautiful wife, Sharon, and their 8 children.

What the podcast will teach you:

  • Why it is important to begin preparing for and planning for the new year, and why the two most powerful words a leader can speak are “I’m clear”
  • Why we too often fall into a reactive stance as business owners, getting caught up in the day-to-day operation of our businesses instead of moving the business forward
  • What being clear actually means, and why being clear about your longer-term plans, priorities and goals is vital for moving forward
  • Why the most important goal of a business leader is to “Set the Vision” and define the Purpose, Values and Mission for the organization
  • Why being clear on your Purpose, Values and Mission leads to the next important step, defining your Mission Strategies for how to achieve your Mission Goals
  • How the next step in clarity after you have set your Mission Goals and Mission Strategies is to set your Annual Priorities for the coming year and then your Quarterly Priorities
  • Why you should set SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and timebound) objectives within your Quarterly Priorities
  • Why 80% of your collective resources and attention should be going to day-to-day operation and the other 20% going to advancing your longer-term goals
  • Why getting clear as a business leader is the cornerstone for exponential growth in the coming year, and why you need to start now
  • How to get access to free resources from Elite Entrepreneurs and learn more about the Elite Ignition program


Want to listen to more?  View all episodes here >