Business Scaling Strategy
What You Will Learn:
- How Ron recognized the need for repeatable, consistent processes and a business scaling strategy that would help Service Express grow
- Why relying too heavily on your “superstar” employees can be a dangerous pitfall that creates a bottleneck in your growth
- How Service Express found a growth goal and then worked backward from that goal to determine how to get there
- Why Ron considers himself a “personal growth and professional development junkie”, and why continuous learning is a vital part of the Service Express culture
- Why Service Express is hyper-intentional about bringing in the right people with the right amount of personal drive and passion
- How Service Express has created a goal-setting program that helps employees develop their careers in the way they want to grow
- Why Service Express has always been a growth-oriented company across the 24 years that Ron has been with the organization
- Why it’s important to know why you want your business to grow and then hire around the answer, and why Service Express hires for alignment rather than just skills
- Why your organization’s Vision and Values should be central to how you hire, promote and fire team members
- Why Ron believes in “R&D”: rip off and duplicate, and why the answers to all your problems and challenges are out there if you’re willing to look
About Ron Alvesteffer:
During his 23 years of ongoing leadership at Service Express, Ron Alvesteffer has helped the company leverage double-digit revenue growth year over year, expand its international footprint, create a unique performance-driven culture, and more. Ron is most proud of the strong company culture Service Express fosters through its company Vision of “helping employees achieve their personal, professional and financial goals.” This shared goal has helped create opportunities for employee achievement and led to outstanding individual and company success.
As a result of its dedication to people, Service Express has been recognized in Inc.’s 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Companies twelve years in a row. Service Express has also been recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation for ten consecutive years.
Ron is a member of the Young Presidents’ Organization and World 50, a private community for CEOs and C-level executives at globally respected organizations to discover better ideas, share valuable experiences and build relationships that make a lasting impact.
In his free time, you will find Ron cheering on the University of Michigan Wolverines and the Pittsburgh Steelers with his family by his side.
- Website: https://serviceexpress.com/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/ronalvesteffer/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/service-express-inc/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/weareserviceexpress/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ronalvesteffer
- Twitter: @RonAlvesteffer
- Twitter: @ServiceExpress
- Elite Business Health Assessment: https://growwithelite.com/health
- Email: info@GrowWithElite.com
- Website: https://growwithelite.com/
Want to listen to more? View all episodes here >