Loren Feldman is editor-in-chief and founder of 21 Hats, a platform for business owners, where he edits a daily newsletter for entrepreneurs and hosts the 21 Hats podcast. He has also co-hosted a call-in show for business owners, Mind Your Business, on Sirius XM.
Previously, he was a senior editor at Forbes, where he created the Forbes Small Giants franchise and was responsible for entrepreneurial coverage in print and online. Before that, he was small-business editor of The New York Times, where he started the You’re the Boss small-business blog. He has also been editor of the Web sites at both Inc. and FastCompany.
Before going digital, he was a top editor and writer for print magazines such as Inc., Philadelphia, Manhattan, inc., the American Lawyer, Money, and George. He has also written for GQ, The New York Times Magazine, and The New York Times Sunday Business section. And he has spoken and moderated discussions at numerous conferences and seminars on entrepreneurship.
What You Will Learn:
- How covering entrepreneurship for Inc. Magazine left Loren bitten by the entrepreneur bug and sparked his interest in creating a community for business owners
- How Loren and 21 Hats have been communicating with seven business owners through the pandemic to get insights into the challenges and opportunities they’ve faced
- How the 21 Hats podcast has shined a light on the many unexpected struggles businesses have had to navigate throughout the global pandemic
- Loren shares the story of one of the business owners that has appeared regularly on the 21 Hats podcast and the journey he has gone through surviving the pandemic
- Why advice is much easier to give than to take, and why it can be challenging for business owners to listen to others and implement the wisdom they’re given
- Why it can be difficult for business owners to prioritize doing work that will result in long-term gains for the business and, why instead they focus too much on the day-to-day
- Why it is important to find your “tribe,” people who you share values with, who you trust, and who you can discuss your wins and challenges with
- How being transparent and honest with other like-minded business owners can help transform your business and give you a powerful source of support and encouragement
- Website: https://21hats.com/
- The 21 Hats Podcast, with Loren Feldman: https://21hats.com/podcasts/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/feldmanloren/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/21-hats/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/21HatsMedia
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/lfeldman
- Elite Business Health Assessment: https://growwithelite.com/health
- Email: info@GrowWithElite.com
- Website: https://growwithelite.com/
Want to listen to more? View all episodes here >