Hiring for Culture Fit
What You Will Learn:
- How Lisa’s husband Hamish started Cleancorp and convinced her to get involved in the business once he realized he couldn’t get to seven figures doing everything himself
- Why Lisa joining the company created a new opportunity to scale and implement processes and systems, growing the business from $700,000 to $3.2 million in two years
- What important growth lessons Lisa learned during their period of rapid expansion, and how Lisa navigated the increased risk of joining the family business
- Why hiring someone as General Manager who did not fit their Vision was a costly mistake, and how Lisa quickly learned the lesson that hiring for culture fit is crucial
- How Lisa grew out the team with a dedication to fitting new hires to the organization’s Culture and growing leaders within the team
- Why hiring someone whose only role was to go out and meet with customers became a key team addition that had many positive effects throughout the business
- How the team have changed their hiring and onboarding processes to ensure that new team members are a great fit with the Culture, and how Lisa regularly checks in with new hires
- How the Cleancorp hiring process works now, and how Lisa consults with a recruitment specialist who is aligned with the company’s Culture to save time and headaches
- What other key lessons Lisa learned during her company’s growth journey, and why continual learning has been transformative for Lisa’s leadership
- Why Lisa believes it is critical to get rid of any toxic members of your team immediately and without hesitation
About Lisa Macqueen, in her own words:
My husband asked me to come and join the family commercial cleaning business. “𝙄𝙩’𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙛𝙪𝙣,” he said. Before that, the first 20 years of my career were spent working in sales and marketing for some of the most beautiful hotels and resorts & travelling the world for my job. Not to put too fine a point on it. It was a s-w-e-e-t gig…. So understandably, kicking and screaming, I left my job and joined Cleancorp. That was 14 years ago, and I’ve been thanking him ever since.
Today, I’m the CEO of the fastest growing commercial cleaning business in Australia where I lead a team of the most dedicated professionals I’ve ever had the privilege to work with.
Cleancorp is a Purpose, Mission and Values driven company, and everything we do is in alignment with that. We have a company culture that most other companies can only dream about, and we do a lot of cool things with technology for our clients.
So just to be super clear: we are NOT your average commercial cleaning company in any way.
Which is why we’re Australia’s fastest growing cleaning company. We’re super deliberate and intentional about giving our clients 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭. And all of our KPI’s line up with KPI’s for our clients (Kept Promise Indicators).
Along the way there have been some amazing WOW moments:
- First woman (and first company outside US) to win Ultimate Marketer/Small Business ICON Award in the U.S.
- Won the Australian Super/BSCAA Winner of Innovation Through People Award.
- Then named as one of America’s Premier Experts and appeared on the Brian Tracy Show on CBS, NBC & FOX Affiliates in the US, and also co-authored a book with the legendary Brian Tracy, “Power Principles for Success” which reached best-seller status on Amazon
- Spoke on stages in US, Australia and NZ as sales and marketing and cleaning industry expert
- Featured in the media by (almost) every major Australian news outlet as COVID19 cleaning expert, and did countless interviews on TV, Radio, online news, magazines and podcasts in Australia and around the world
Today, I’m privileged to work with an amazing team of dedicated cleaning professionals across Australia and New Zealand, that I’m proud to work alongside. And our mission is simple. We provide cleaning services that are managed for you, 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙗𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪.
Email me anytime at email@example.com.
- Website: https://cleancorp.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @CleancorpAU
- Elite Business Health Assessment: https://growwithelite.com/health
- Email: info@GrowWithElite.com
- Website: https://growwithelite.com/
Want to listen to more? View all episodes here >