Erika Flora started her career as a Microbiologist turned Program Manager and discovered a passion for improving how organizations manage the flow of work, deliver great products and services, and better serve their customers. In 2006, she founded Beyond20, a Digital Transformation consulting and training firm based on ITIL, DevOps, Agile, Lean, and other best practice frameworks.
Erika works with leaders in global organizations as a Digital Strategy facilitator and coach. Over the years, she has led several successful technology implementation initiatives and has helped organizations find more success with their Digital Transformation efforts.
Erika is an avid blogger, speaker, and advocate of expanding opportunities for women and minorities in technology. Erika calls Washington, DC home. When not at work, you may find her reading, sailing, or performing improv comedy.
What the podcast will teach you:
- How Erika founded her firm, Beyond20, along with her husband, and how the business organically grew over time
- What important lessons Erika learned on the journey to seven figures around scaling and implementing systems
- How Erika learned to begin delegating responsibility in her company, and why she struggled to learn to let go
- Why Erika realized that it’s never a good idea to hire someone just because you desperately need to fill a position
- What steps Erika’s organization took to improve their hiring and onboarding processes that have empowered employees to grow within the company
- How Erika built out a leadership team beyond just herself and her husband, and how listening to everyone in the business influenced how their leadership team developed
- Why Erika believes listening to your customers and understanding their experiences can help you discover new opportunities for products or services you hadn’t considered
- What tools, systems, and resources have been implemented at Beyond20 that allow for an extensive level of cross-team collaboration
- How the team’s periodic two-day offsite meetings helped everyone brainstorm new ideas, get aligned, and find a shared focus
- Website: www.beyond20.com
- Blog: www.beyond20.com/blog/
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/Beyond20LLC
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/eflora/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/beyond20/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/gobeyond20/
- Twitter: @Beyond20
- Elite Business Health Assessment: https://growwithelite.com/health
- Email: info@GrowWithElite.com
- Website: https://growwithelite.com/
Want to listen to more? View all episodes here >