Discipline Creates Freedom
What You Will Learn:
- Ed discusses being a cocky F-18 pilot in the Marine Corps who learned he wasn’t as good as he thought, and the key self-improvement lesson the experience taught him
- Why business comes down to a few fundamental concepts, and why Ed feels most business owners have a disconnect between “being busy” and “productivity”
- Why growth, whether in nature or in business, relies on a “sprint and rest” cycle and requires both to be most effective
- How Ed structures his week, and why he sets Fridays aside as time away from work for “incubative days” to come up with new ideas
- Why the discipline Ed learned during his time in the Marines has been vital for his career success outside of military service
- Why too much freedom and too little discipline can be detrimental for your team, and why discipline creates freedom to innovate and create
- Why the way you communicate makes a huge difference in how the people around you take action and how successful they are in their outcome
- Why telling yourself “I’m such a failure” actually rewires your brain and becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy
- Ed shares his three-question technique he teaches people from all spiritual walks of life about asking God for business answers
- Why forgiveness for others and forgiveness for yourself can be a powerful resource to help you improve your mindset and grow your business
About Ed Rush
950 miles an hour. Now that’s fast. But it’s not nearly as fast as Ed Rush flew in his combat career as a decorated F-18 pilot which included over 50 combat missions and 2 tours to Iraq. While in the Marines, Ed served as one of the country’s leading instructors on aerial dogfighting and recently worked as a key player in the development of the new F-35 Joint Strike Fighter.
After 2 combat tours to Iraq, Ed left full-time active duty to speak, write, and share a message that will change the world. Ed’s clients range from small startups to multi-million dollar – multi-national organizations and include CEOs, founders, political leaders, sports teams, national universities, Hollywood stars, and one of the contestants on Season #1 of Donald Trump’s The Apprentice.
He has achieved all of this despite possessing a below-average intelligence (case in point: Ed failed Kindergarten).
Ed’s books and expertise have been featured on CBS, FOX, ABC, and NBC. To follow or connect with Ed, head over to: www.EdRush.com.
- Website: www.EdRush.com
- The 21 Day Miracle by Ed Rush: www.EdRushBook.com
- Email Ed: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/edrush2/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/EdRush/
- Twitter: @edrushpilot
- Elite Business Health Assessment: https://growwithelite.com/health
- Email: info@GrowWithElite.com
- Website: https://growwithelite.com/
Want to listen to more? View all episodes here >