Angela Olea is a highly passionate, innovative, and accomplished business leader in the senior care industry. She is a respected authority on senior housing and care options, serving as a guest speaker at state and national aging conferences. Angela is also a visionary, founding the nation’s first senior placement franchise business.
A registered nurse, Angela initially launched Assisted Living Locators in response to seeing patients have unnecessary readmissions and a lack of community support. In an effort to evoke positive change and ease of care transition for patients, she created a National Readmissions Prevention Specialized Program for community care providers to reduce hospital readmissions.
Today, as Chief Executive Officer of Assisted Living Locators, she has built the company into a nationally acclaimed premier placement and referral agency, matchmaking seniors with caring providers for over a decade. Under her stewardship, Assisted Living Locators is setting the standard for care transition and has received top rankings in Entrepreneur’s 2020 Franchise 500®, Franchise Business Review’s 2020 Top Franchises Report, and Franchise Dictionary’s Top 100 Game Changer Franchises. With 130 franchise office locations in 36 states and the District of Columbia, Assisted Living Locators is one of the largest, non-acquired senior placement and referral businesses in the U.S.
Angela has also played an integral role in the formation of a new unified resource and advocacy organization for the senior care industry – the National Placement and Referral Alliance (NPRA). She has been actively involved as a founding member of the Board of Directors to build this strategic industry alliance with other professional placement and referral businesses.
What the podcast will teach you:
- How Angela is a natural entrepreneur with a background as a Registered Nurse, and how these two elements converged when she recognized a need for senior support services
- How Angela established Assisted Living Locators to fill the need for an assisted living locator service franchise
- What challenges, opportunities, and experiences Angela faced as her business crossed the million-dollar mark and continued to grow
- Why Angela had to continually reinvent her role as a leader to adapt to the changing scope and scale of her business
- Why identifying and surrounding yourself with other successful people can help you continue to learn and become a stronger business leader
- How finding a good coach and carving out time for personal development and research was instrumental in Angela’s success
- Why careful planning, benchmarks and an abundance of data can help you grow and adapt your plan
- What specific qualities and traits Angela has looked for in professionals when building out her leadership team, and why they have extremely low turnover
- Why every company needs a “Switzerland” who can take and share ideas, both good and bad, and offer you a different perspective
- Website: https://assistedlivinglocators.com/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/angelaolea/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/assistedlivinglocatorsCorp/
Want to listen to more? View all episodes here >