If you want to stop being a doer and start being a leader, you need to stop wearing all the hats. Learn how with these deceptively simple techniques.
What You Will Learn:
- Why business owners so often end up stuck in the business, “wearing too many hats” and covering too many roles, and why it’s important to transition to leading
- Which three hats you should keep when transitioning from entrepreneur to leader, and why these hats are your primary responsibility
- Why learning to lead is like learning a new language, and why setting your company’s Vision and creating an action plan to get there is a vital, ongoing task
- What steps to take to build a team that fits your Vision and can help you achieve your Mission, and why delivering results is the third key hat you should wear
- Why a meeting rhythm is crucial for keeping everyone moving in the same direction, and why it can help you balance the short-term and long-term in your business
- Why moving from “doer” to “leaders” is the only path for the continued growth of your business, and what steps to take to develop yourself and get rid of your extra hats
- Why small, iterative cycles are the key to becoming a stronger leader, and why a short out-of-office vacation can help you identify hats you can give to others on your team
About Brett Gilliland
Brett Gilliland is Founder and CEO of Elite Entrepreneurs, a company that specializes in giving $1M+ business owners the knowledge, processes, and tools to grow to $10M and beyond. Brett is an expert in organization development, leadership, and strategy and spent 10 years helping Infusionsoft grow from $7M in revenue to over $100M. Brett was involved in the foundational work of Purpose, Values, and Mission at Infusionsoft and facilitated the strategic planning process for many years.
One of Brett’s favorite professional accomplishments is co-creating Infusionsoft’s Elite Forum along with Clate Mask and building the Elite business inside of Infusionsoft. As the leader of the Elite business, Brett has helped hundreds of struggling seven-figure business owners overcome their biggest challenges and achieve new levels of success. He also played a central role in the development of Infusionsoft’s Leadership Model and was serving as the VP of Leadership Development when the decision was made to spin the Elite business out of Infusionsoft. As the new owner of Elite Entrepreneurs, Brett can’t think of anything else he’d rather be doing professionally. When Brett isn’t busy helping $1M+ businesses succeed, he is a family man who enjoys spending time with his beautiful wife, Sharon, and their 8 children.
- “Too Many Hats” cartoon on Office Guy Cartoons: www.officeguycartoons.com/product/too-many-hats/
- Elite Business Health Assessment: https://growwithelite.com/health
- Email: info@GrowWithElite.com
- Website: https://growwithelite.com/
Want to listen to more? View all episodes here >