Ramon Ray is not a Law Enforcement Officer – but did graduate from the FBI Citizens Academy. Ramon was never on Sesame Street – but has done puppet shows in developing countries. Ramon is not a preacher – but is a small business evangelist. Ramon is a four-time entrepreneur, author, and speaker who loves burnt pancakes, bacon, and eggs. He’s the founder and producer of Smart Hustle Media, and he’s started four companies and sold two. Ramon has authored four books, and his latest book is Celebrity CEO – How Entrepreneurs Can Thrive By Building a Strong Personal Brand.
Ramon has been invited as an expert witness to the United States Congress, invited by the Office of the President of the United States to speak at the White House on personal branding. He’s produced many events, including the “Smart Hustle Small Business Conference,” “Small Business Summit,” “Small Business Technology Tour,” “Small Biz Big Things,” and more.
Ramon has shared the stage with Seth Godin, Daymond John, Guy Kawasaki, Simon Sinek, and Gary Vaynerchuk. He’s interviewed many of the sharks and contestants on Shark Tank, and other celebrity entrepreneurs. Ramon has also interviewed President Obama in the President’s first live Google Hangout, and was part of the US Delegation to India, led by Ivanka Trump for the Global Entrepreneurship Summit. Although Ramon has interviewed and shared the stage with many celebrity entrepreneurs, his passion and biggest professional accomplishment is interviewing “main street” small business owners and entrepreneurs and sharing their stories.
Ramon is not just an ivory tower geek or a former technology consultant; he has hands-on experience in various technologies, including social media, mobile computing, computer networks, online software, and more. Ramon’s expertise ranges from technology, marketing, sales, business startup, and growth, and his favorite is personal branding. Over his extensive career, Ramon has written thousands of articles, spoken to thousands of business owners and impacted hundreds of thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs to help their businesses thrive.
What the podcast will teach you:
- How Ramon began his serial entrepreneurship, building and then selling his small businesses while growing his thought leadership
- How Ramon’s career took an unexpected early turn when the United Nations hired him at the young age of 19
- What key lessons Ramon learned over the arc of his career, and why serving others and mentorship have been key pillars of his success
- How Ramon turned his experiences as an entrepreneur and business leader into an opportunity to teach others and share his knowledge
- How serving others and mentoring can strengthen your own leadership and can create new opportunities without “selling”
- Why too many of us are focused on selling and end up rushing the relationship, and how to more effectively form relationships over time
- Why serving causes your prospects to remember you and your company positively and can become the cornerstone of your sales process
- What advice Ramon would offer for business leaders looking to move away from a transactional mentality to more of a service-focused style
- How a simple Thank You card or a short Thank You video can become a transformative tool for your business and its culture
- Why building and nurturing a strong social and professional network is critical, and what steps Ramon takes to network effectively
- Weekly Thursday Email from Ramon: https://ramonemail.com/
- Website: www.ramonray.com
- Website: www.smarthustle.com
- The Celebrity CEO by Ramon Ray: www.celebrityceo.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/ramonraysmallbiz/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ramonray
- Twitter: @ramonray
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ramonraysmarthustle/
- Elite Business Health Assessment: https://growwithelite.com/health
- Email: info@GrowWithElite.com
- Website: https://growwithelite.com/
Want to listen to more? View all episodes here >