Brett Gilliland is Founder and CEO of Elite Entrepreneurs, a company that specializes in giving $1M+ business owners the knowledge, processes, and tools to grow to $10M and beyond. Brett is an expert in organization development, leadership, and strategy and spent 10 years helping Infusionsoft grow from $7M in revenue to over $100M. Brett was involved in the foundational work of Purpose, Values, and Mission at Infusionsoft and facilitated the strategic planning process for many years.
One of Brett’s favorite professional accomplishments is co-creating Infusionsoft’s Elite Forum along with Clate Mask and building the Elite business inside of Infusionsoft. As the leader of the Elite business, Brett has helped hundreds of struggling seven-figure business owners overcome their biggest challenges and achieve new levels of success. He also played a central role in the development of Infusionsoft’s Leadership Model and was serving as the VP of Leadership Development when the decision was made to spin the Elite business out of Infusionsoft. As the new owner of Elite Entrepreneurs, Brett can’t think of anything else he’d rather be doing professionally. When Brett isn’t busy helping $1M+ businesses succeed, he is a family man who enjoys spending time with his beautiful wife, Sharon, and their 8 children.
In this third part of a four-part special series, Brett discusses ways that you can define and measure the daily tasks that will help you and your team attain Operational Excellence.
What the podcast will teach you:
- Brett reviews information from the previous two episodes in the miniseries, then covers common questions you may be asking
- Why spending 80% of your time with day-to-day operations and 20% working on the future of the business is the ideal mix but any future-enabling work is worthwhile
- How the Elite Business Growth Method can help you accelerate all the metrics you use to measure your success in your business
- Why it is important for your Operational Excellence to create an annual plan with annual, quarterly, monthly, and even weekly goals
- What responsibilities you have as a business leader, including Setting the Vision, building the team, and securing fuel (money) for growth
- How to effectively build your team, including Hiring, Leading and Firing to your Purpose, Values, and Mission
- How to determine what future roles you will need to fill to better organize your work and intentionally build the short-term Operational Excellence side of your business
- How to clarify and define the “Big 3” responsibilities of each position within your current team starting with yourself, to help you better track your company’s progress
- Why visibility in your key numbers is vital for making good decisions for your business, and why developing a company-wide dashboard is powerful for visibility
- Why having your team self-report every week on their Big 3 is an important part of ownership with accountability
- Part One of the Elite Business Growth Method Miniseries: https://growwithelite.com/podcasts/elite-business-growth-method-1/
- Part Two of the Elite Business Growth Method Miniseries: https://growwithelite.com/podcasts/elite-business-growth-method-2/
- Email: info@GrowWithElite.com
- Website: https://growwithelite.com/
Want to listen to more? View all episodes here >