If you want to stop being a doer and start being a leader, you need to stop wearing all the hats. Learn how with these deceptively simple techniques.
What You Will Learn:
- Why the global pandemic has created stress, exhaustion and overwhelm for business owners of all kinds
- Why it’s crucial to put your own oxygen mask on before you assist anyone else, and why taking care of yourself is a crucial part of being an effective leader
- What to do when feeling overwhelmed at work, and how the “Five Ds” (Dump, Delete, Delegate, Defer, Do) can help
- Why the abstract, information-overload nature of our modern life can add to our feelings of overwhelm
- How the abstract problems we must deal with begins to stack up and fill our subconscious, causing energy drain and overwhelm
- Why dumping everything in your head out and writing it down can help reduce your stress and overwhelm
- Why deleting unnecessary tasks that aren’t critical to the success of your business can free bandwidth for the things that do matter
- Why delegating things to other people can help relieve your burden and allow you to refocus
- Why deferring the things that can safely be put off and that aren’t significant priorities can help shorten your to-do list
- Why the last step is to deal with the things you need to do now that will further your progress
About Brett Gilliland
Brett Gilliland is Founder and CEO of Elite Entrepreneurs, a company that specializes in giving $1M+ business owners the knowledge, processes, and tools to grow to $10M and beyond. Brett is an expert in organization development, leadership, and strategy and spent 10 years helping Infusionsoft grow from $7M in revenue to over $100M. Brett was involved in the foundational work of Purpose, Values, and Mission at Infusionsoft and facilitated the strategic planning process for many years.
One of Brett’s favorite professional accomplishments is co-creating Infusionsoft’s Elite Forum along with Clate Mask and building the Elite business inside of Infusionsoft. As the leader of the Elite business, Brett has helped hundreds of struggling seven-figure business owners overcome their biggest challenges and achieve new levels of success. He also played a central role in the development of Infusionsoft’s Leadership Model and was serving as the VP of Leadership Development when the decision was made to spin the Elite business out of Infusionsoft. As the new owner of Elite Entrepreneurs, Brett can’t think of anything else he’d rather be doing professionally. When Brett isn’t busy helping $1M+ businesses succeed, he is a family man who enjoys spending time with his beautiful wife, Sharon, and their 8 children.
- Elite Business Health Assessment: https://growwithelite.com/health
- Email: info@GrowWithElite.com
- Website: https://growwithelite.com/
Want to listen to more? View all episodes here >