Rob Pasquesi wanted to design an accounting firm around the unique needs of entrepreneurs. From his own experience launching ventures NextIntro and FounderPrep, he realized that many of the best tools were often out of reach for growth-stage businesses. By using emerging technology and combining that with years of accounting experience, Rob found that every-sized business could unlock significant growth insights without needing to hire an in-house analytics team.
Rob started his career at Deloitte and later worked at Grant Thornton, where he spent 14 years working closely with business owners, CFOs, and controllers addressing their accounting, tax, and financial needs.
He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Boston College and a Masters of Business Administration from DePaul University’s Kellstadt School of Business. Rob is a licensed CPA in Illinois and he is also a member of the Illinois CPA Society and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Rob lives in Chicago with his wife, daughter, and dog and is an avid marathoner who loves training along Lake Michigan during the summer and playing tennis and golf.
What the podcast will teach you:
- How Rob founded Pasquesi Partners with a focus on helping entrepreneurs both in the Chicago area and nationwide better manage their accounting and tax needs
- Why understanding your financial numbers and key performance indicators (KPIs) is the key to recognizing where your growth is and how your company is performing
- What best practices Rob recommends for entrepreneurs looking to get a better view of their business and make better decisions
- Why time-tracking tools or even manual tracking can be an invaluable way to better understand where you and your employees are spending your time
- How to track monthly net customer activity such as increases or decreases in customers, new customers coming in and customers leaving, and other cohort analytics
- Why finding the right financial partners who can help guide you can be a powerful growth resource for your business
- How project management tools can help you keep your team organized and focused and give a better overview of in-progress projects
- Why planning ahead and setting near-term, mid-term and long-term goals is vital for continuing to grow
- Why taking a line of credit and borrowing against it isn’t always a bad thing and can help create new opportunities, and why forming a good banking relationship is key
- Why difficult times such as today’s environment brought about by the global pandemic encourage innovative thinking
- Website: https://pasquesipartners.com/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/robpasquesi/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/pasquesi-company-llc/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/PasquesiPartners
- Twitter: @RobPasquesi
- Elite Business Health Assessment: https://growwithelite.com/health
- Email: info@GrowWithElite.com
- Website: https://growwithelite.com/
Want to listen to more? View all episodes here >