Chris Prefontaine is the best-selling author of Real Estate on Your Terms: Create Continuous Cash Flow Now, Without Using Your Cash or Credit. He’s also the founder of SmartRealEstateCoach.com and the Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast.
Chris has been in real estate for over 25 years. His experience includes the construction of over 100 single-family and duplex homes (mostly in the 1990s and selectively to date), has owned a Realty Executives Franchise (Massachusetts 1994-2000) as broker/owner which maintained high per-agent standards and eventually sold to Coldwell Banker in 2000. The 2000s included coaching ½ million and higher REALTORs® in order to scale & automate their business throughout the US and Canada. He also participated (and still does selectively) in doing condo conversions (multi-family homes to condos) and “raise the roof” projects (converting single-family ranches to colonials in growth neighborhoods).
Chris has been a big advocate of constant education and participates regularly in high-end mastermind groups, as well as consults with private mentors. He runs his own buying and selling businesses with his family team, which buys 2-5 properties monthly, so they’re in the trenches every single week. They also help clients do the same thing around the country.
Chris and his family team have done over 80 million in real estate transactions. They mentor, coach, consult, and actually partner with students around the country (by application only) to do exactly what they do.
What the podcast will teach you:
- How the 2008 real estate market crash impacted Chris and his family real estate business, and how he moved into coaching after the crash
- What challenges Chris had to address once his business hit the million-dollar revenue mark, and how he made the transition from solo entrepreneur to CEO
- What practical steps Chris took to stop micromanaging his business, and why establishing a great meeting rhythm was a key change
- Why involving the entire team in establishing the company’s Purpose, Values and Mission was a transformative experience
- How establishing a Values system for the Smart Real Estate Coach business positively impacted not just the internal team but Chris’s real estate students as well
- Why having shared Values has helped Chris and his team make positive decisions for the business in alignment with their goals
- Why a regular meeting rhythm helped to create clarity, establish priorities, and eliminate micromanagement
- How Chris was previously the majority of his businesses’ value, and how both businesses increased in value after Chris worked to make them stand on their own
- Why creating systems and processes for hiring and onboarding new employees was a vital step to scaling the business
- What books Chris recommends and found the most helpful when learning to scale his business
- Website: www.SmartRealEstateCoach.com
- Leadership and Self-Deception by the Arbinger Institute: https://amzn.to/35TpBSx
- The Outward Mindset by the Arbinger Institute: https://amzn.to/2pLx19I
- Multipliers by Liz Wiseman: https://amzn.to/31GevwX
Want to listen to more? View all episodes here >